Pray for Ministry in India









     God has been helping in the training of so many pastors for several weeks now. All but one of our meetings have been attended by far more pastors than we had anticipated. This is, of course, a blessing from the Lord.

     Just two days ago we met in a small town far from any real population centers. We had expected around 70 pastors to attend. That day we registered more than 175 pastors in attendance! In fact, it was one of the most orderly and focused groups of men I have met in a long time. When I arrived in the morning, I saw a long line of men streaming out the front gate. I knew immediately it was going to be a unique group. Not because of the number of men -- but rather because they had formed a line!!! I know....that seems silly. But truly it is a rare thing to find in India. love how God does little things like that just to surprise you once in awhile!

     I've now moved to the third state in which I'll be ministering. I'll have the opportunity to visit many of the very first pastors that graduated from the training programs where we began several years ago. I'll be preaching for several in their churches and gathering with others in group meetings. This is exciting for me to get to see so many again.

     In addition to these meetings and evangelistic services, 
I'll also be focusing on Muslims. God has given me favor with a few Muslims in the local area and I want to reach out to them again with the Gospel. During this month of Ramadan (the Muslim holy month of fasting), Muslims can be both extremely open to the Gospel or, they can be very opposed to talking about it. Pray for God to give me wisdom and 
guidance.

     Let me ask you for special prayer for a few current needs:

1. Pray that the Lord will continue to move mightily among Indian Pastors at this time. Pray for those who have recently been challenged by Bible teaching. Ask God to continue to edify and strengthen them.

2. Pray for Pastors that I'll be meeting with in this month. They need to recognize the spiritual needs in their own lives and in the lives of their people. Ask God to burden them with the need of evangelizing their own people. 

3. Pray for Holy Ghost conviction upon Muslims that I'll be ministering to in this region. 

4. Pray for the broader Islamic community in this state.  For many, many years it has been a center for Muslim girls who are sold to marry men from the Gulf countries of the Middle 
East. Almost all are sold as "secondary wives" to men who come here looking for girls that may be "cheaper" than in their home countries. There, they cannot compete with the more wealthy Arab men who can pay higher prices. Muslims here are very poor for the most part and fathers are happy to marry a daughter off like this. 

I don't share this to cause you to be critical of Muslims. I simply want you to understand the sad dynamics so that you might pray in a more informed manner.

5. If you're a part of the special Ramadam 2015 prayer group, you know that my computer died suddenly. The motherboard failed. It is being fixed here, but the situation is very difficult since I need to travel away from the city where repairs are being made. Please pray it can be taken care of by this Saturday.

6.  A final request is for a pastor friend from America. He's trying to get a visa to come for ministry in India and has been turned down once already. Please ask God to move according to His will in this matter.

     Thank you for your love for the souls in India and the world! May God shed His grace and blessings upon you.


Beyond Frontiers








Comments

Popular Posts