Brighten Up! Be gleesome!

Psalm 5:11  But let all those that put their trust in Thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because Thou defendest them: let them also that love Thy name be joyful in Thee.

Psalm 9:2  I will be glad and rejoice in Thee: I will sing praise to Thy name, O Thou most High.

Psalm 13:5  But I have trusted in Thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation.

Psalm 40:16  Let all those that seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee: let such as love Thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

We could go on and on with verses like these. But the truth of the matter is, we truly have reason to rejoice!

Strong's concordance lists several other possible synonyms for this word rejoice. It lists:  "to brighten up, be blithe or gleesome."  It continues to add words like: "cheer up, be (make) glad,  or, be (make) merry".  All of this is part of our response to the goodness of the Lord at work in our lives.

I can certainly agree with these verses. As most of you know (if you receive our newsletter or emails), I was recently told by the doctor that I had a severe blockage in my heart and that I needed to get to the first available cardiologist.  

I did follow his advice and was set up for an angiogram.  But two weeks exactly before I went in for the heart catheterization and angiogram, I had a terrible night.  I awakened the next morning feeling fine.  My blood pressure had fallen substantially to normal readings.  My chest pains, left arm pains, and difficulty in breathing during physical activity were totally gone.  When they did the angiogram they found no blockages in my arteries!  

It's been almost two weeks after that procedure and to this day I'm still without any pain whatsoever and my blood pressure has been normal!  All I can do is -- REJOICE!!!!  God's power is unabated and His grace is beyond description.  My family and I are so grateful to you for your prayers and we praise God for His mercy.

Yes, we truly do have so many reasons to rejoice in the Lord!  We pray that you will rejoice with us.

Beyond Frontiers




Comments

Popular Posts