An Opportunity to Reach Millions

     How high can you count?  I normally try to think in terms of hundreds, and, once in a while thousands.  Sure, I can count much higher, but I rarely have the need to do so.

     When it comes to ministry numbers, I rarely have to count above a few thousand.  But, that is different now.  This time, the doors are wide open for reaching far more than I've ever imagined.  I realize the following paragraphs will use numbers beyond what you and I typically think about, and I don't want to confuse you with the numbers or sensationalize them.  But I do want to show you the marvelous opportunity God has given us.  Let me explain....

     Every twelve years, there comes a Pushkaram festival to the medium-sized city of 475,000 people near where I 'm ministering in India.  This is a festival where people from all over India make a pilgrimage to bathe in the Godavari River.  They believe it will wash their sins away.  

     This coming year of 2015 is the time for this Hindu festival to take place.  In past years, there have been between 40 to 50 million people converging upon this city and the surround area.  This year, the Government estimates upwards of 60 million people will come within a 24 day period to wash themselves in the muddy, polluted Godavari River.  I have never seen one of these festivals and it is beyond what I can comprehend in its immensity.  

     Local pastors try every 12 years to use this opportunity to evangelize vast amounts of people that are passing through.  This coming year will be no different.  One of the most effective ways to get the message of salvation to the vast numbers of people that come is to do literature campaigns.  

     I have been given the invitation to write and print tracts and handbills that will be used in this evangelistic outreach among a large group of Pastors.  I immediately felt the confirmation of the Holy Ghost and accepted this invitation.  I have already printed the first Gospel handbill that we will use for distribution.  I believe God wants me to do many more.  

     I would like to ask your help for this large project.  I have printed the first handbill that is approximately 5 1/2 inches wide by 8 1/2 inches tall on both the front and the back. One side is in Telugu, the language of two states in India where I've been working for several years now (about 80 million Telugu speakers).  The other side is in English for the millions of pilgrims coming from other parts of India that cannot speak Telugu.  About 350 million Indians can read or speak English sufficiently to understand a simple Gospel message.    

     It will take time to collect the tracts we need, but we have begun early and God has already helped us.  We now have 100,000 of the first title already in print.  I was able to print those for a very reasonable cost of only $650 dollars.  We can easily use multiplied hundreds of thousands more in other titles.  

     Would you be able to help us with this literature outreach?  The men I'm working with have already been busy in evangelism in their own towns and villages.  And many of them have worked in previous years at these massive festivals.  They have asked us to come alongside and help provide the materials they can use this year for the largest pushkaram to date.  I am committed to doing so.  If you would like to be a part of this ministry, we welcome your participation.

     I will be sharing more with you about this and other projects that God has presented to us in the last 6 weeks.  So many amazing things are happening in India.  It is a joy to be a part of what God is unfolding!  

     If you have any questions about this project or would like further details, please email us at:



     Also, you can donate directly from the above link at the upper lefthand side of the page.  Please earmark any donations for this project as "Pushkaram Tracts".  All such donations will be used for printing of evangelistic literature.   We appreciate your prayers for the outreach to those who will come to this festival.  I will share more with you in future emails or blogs about how you can pray most effectively in preparation for this Gospel evangelism event.  If you do not receive separate emails from us, please fill in the form above and we will add you to our email mailing list.  

Beyond Frontiers




Comments

Popular Posts