Even in India!  

Good Advice

     Domino's Pizza.  In India.  Now that is wonderful!

     But, somehow, it really wasn't so wonderful.  Not because the pizza was bad.  Even though I'm 9,000 miles away from "home", it just wasn't what I expected.   Somehow, as nice as it is to get a break and enjoy an American flavor for a few minutes, my eyes were staring out the window, and my mind was far away from the delicious pizza.


     The young man sitting across from me interrupted my thoughts with a question.  He began to ask about some issues that were on my mind at the time.  As I began to share with him about God's will, how to find it and what God wants for us, it was clear that I, too, was considering the same things.  Listening closely, he then said, "You know, we were just at the hardware store looking for a padlock.  Something important to remember is that no lock is ever manufactured except that it comes with a key."  It was a simple, yet insightful thought.

     The longer we sat, the more that blessed thought soaked in.  The amazing thing is that it is true!  Regardless of how difficult the circumstances of the moment seem to be, God has the key and He is eager to place it in our hands. I praise God that we can trust He will never leave us in the middle of decisions without providing guidance and wisdom.  This is why the prayers of God's people for each other are so important.

     The last couple of weeks have been refreshing in ministry.  Almost every day I've made my way to the old section of the city to meet with people who have such deep needs.  God has been blessing in a special way.  Twice every afternoon that I'm there, the massive speakers blast out, "Allahu Akbar"!  Within minutes of the Muslim call to prayer, shops are closed, or, simply abandoned as men head directly to the mosque for prayer.  Sometimes I wait outside, sometimes I wait in the shops.  But, eventually they come back and conversation begins again.  

Downtown section of the city.
     This is a great place to be!  This is real evangelism right where it really makes a difference.  God has opened the hearts of so many.  Some eye you with suspicion.  Some are indifferent, but a large number are eager to talk to an American, especially when he wants to talk about Islam!  In the beginning, it was awkward to say the least.  Where do you begin?  What can you say?  But, every time I've begun, God brings a translator or others who speak English.  They gather and discuss things.  It requires many hours of patience and many, many cups of tea.  But eventually God plants a see of the Gospel in human hearts!  That is the thing we desire more than anything else.  


     Please continue to remember our family in prayer.  We need God's direction and guidance in ministry here in India.  Also, my wife has some specific needs for physical healing.  We request that God would work in a special way.

Beyond Frontiers



Comments

Popular Posts