Peace be upon you!  


     Again, I wish to thank you for your continued prayers.  God has blessed here and I'm looking forward to what the future holds.  

     Today I listened with joy to a phone call from an Algerian pastor who has been serving the Lord since  he was saved from Islam.  He testified to the grace of God and the keeping power of the Lord Jesus in the midst of great persecution.  The small percentage of Christians here where I'm located feel as if they are under severe persecution but their hearts were stirred to hear what price others are paying in order to walk with the Lord.

     Awakening to the Muslim call to prayer in the early mornings is a good reminder to me each day of the circumstances in which these people find themselves.  I met a convert who came from a Muslim family.  His testimony was so encouraging when you see just how far God will go to reach someone if they have a desire in their heart to know God and His peace.  He's one of the few converted Muslims who aren't "secret", here in this area.  Most seem to take a long, long time before they ever openly announce their faith.

     There's so much to learn in this new culture.  So much to absorb.  Much of it is hard to fathom.  There is no "logic" to the hatred and violence, no explanation for the darkness except one:  There is no Light.  The real Jesus is absent from so much of this land where He was born and where He grew up.  There are so many icons for Him, but not very much real love for Him. 

     I covet your prayers.  As you know from the daily headlines, the world is missing the real need of the hour.  Even believers are missing the real issues that are at stake.  We need the Spirit to enlighten our eyes.  I need Him to shine the light into my heart so that I might truly see things as they are.

Sincerely,

Beyond Frontiers 

     









Comments

Popular Posts